Re: new cp books

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 10:26:54 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:26:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: new cp books

Barry VanWinkle wrote:

> I have a small library of cp books, Lloyd's, Slack (1988), Pietropaulo
> (1974), Cheers (1983), Kurata (Nepenthes of Mt. Kinabalu, 1976), Schwartz
> (1974). Can anyone suggest more up-to-date books...you know, lots of pics,
> descriptions etc

There is one that you haven't included in your list. It's by
Anthea Phillips (or Philips, I've forgotten the correct
spelling) and Anthony Lamb. The title is Nepenthes of
Borneo, and I obtained it from the publisher in Kota
Kinabalu, Malaysia (East, Malaysia, on Borneo). I know
of one enthusiast here in the U. S. who obtained the
book from a domestic distributor, but I don't have the
details.

Most of the "pics" are actually water color drawings instead of
photographs. But they are nice, and it makes a good "coffee table"
book.

Regards,

Perry Malouf