Sarracenias and safe sex

From: Mellard, David (dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 07:58:00 PST

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 10:58:00 EST
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenias and safe sex

I have a bunch of flower spikes on Sarracenias that I would like to
pollinate before the bees, or rather and prevent the bees from messing with
the flowers.

Now I have heard people recommend condoms but the idea of condoms flying in
the breeze in my front yard probably will not go over well with my
neighbors, at least the adults anyway.

I thought of covering the flower with gauze and tying it around the spike.
 Will this work or is there a better way?

You have permission to have fun with this post. <grin>

David