Re: =Water=

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 06:40:42 PST

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:40:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: =Water=

> Where do you get large amounts of fresh water for CP? I am considering
> growing CP, but I know I must use water without a lot of miderals and
> chemicals in it.
>The only other thing I could think of is to try to catch
> rain water, but I would worry that it might contain a lot of pollution.
>
> -Kevin O'Connell

I noticed other people have commented, but I would stongly recommend an RO unit
if you have more than a few plants. I used rain water for about 18 years and
then got an RO unit in 94'. There is no question in my mind that the RO unit
has made a big difference. I guess maybe the problem I had with rainwater was
that it was runoff and was always potentially contaminated with the oils, tars,
and binders used in the shingles, plus all the crap that precipitated onto the
roof between rains.

Tom in Fl.