Home Depot Connection, Part 2

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 1997 - 16:19:03 PST

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:19:03 -0500
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Home Depot Connection, Part 2

Well, we were off on the trail of the elusive carnivours once again
today- I'm happy to say that I found a CP collection at a closer to home
Home Depot in Deptford, NJ (USA); today's excursion netted me a rather
huge Pinguicula (SP?) that was labeled "venus fly trap" (sigh). This
store also had a collection of Drosera Adelae, but they removed the caps
and the tentacles were bone dry. I asked the greenhouse supervisor if
they'd be bringing in more CPs and he said as long as they keep moving,
they'd probably get more. He said that the stores don't place
individual orders for CP; they're just randomly shipped. I informed him
that there's been chatter on the list-server re: Home Depot and CP and
he seemed real interested to know that.
  It seems that the Home Depots with larger greenhouses are getting the
lion's share of CP; we went to another Home Depot in Mt.Laurel, NJ, that
had NO CP what so ever. The Deptford store is brand new, and has a huge
greenhouse.
  BTW- for Orchid fans: these same Home Depots are running HUGE sales at
unheard of low prices for orchids... 6-7" pots for a mere $19.99; if
there's a Home Depot in your corner of the world, check them out.

Cheers,
Paul