fish food

From: Chris Marsden (100620.2156@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 10:20:20 PST

Date: 14 Mar 97 13:20:20 EST
From: Chris Marsden <100620.2156@CompuServe.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: fish food

Hi All,

I bought a packet of flaked fish food and some freeze dried daphnia from the
local pet shop a week or 2 afo and gave a pinch of flakes to 1 Dionaea, most of
my Sarracenias and some Droseras. I fed daphnia to a small Ping (laueana) and
Heliamphora nutans, which has produced juvenile pitchers for the last year. I
fed daphnia to these because the traps entrance was too small to fit fish flakes
in.

Well the H. nutans has just put it's first adult pitcher up, the Dionaea has put
many more traps out compared to the other plant (unfed) in the same pot, and the
Sarracenias have done nothing. I have just put some daphnia in the pitcher of my
Nep. ventricosa and I am waiting for results. A D.adelae I fed with fish flakes
immediately put up 4 flower stalks and many new leaves. Draw your own
conclusions :-)

None of my plants are routinely fed or fertilised, put my neps and helies are in
a terrarium so cannot catch their own prey.

Kind Regards,

Toby Marsden