Introduction

From: Jason.Ford@FINANCE.ausgovfinance.telememo.au
Date: Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:21:02 PST

Date: 13 Mar 1997 18:21:02 +1000
From: Jason.Ford@FINANCE.ausgovfinance.telememo.au
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction

     G'day

     As I am two weeks new to this list server I thought it was time to
     introduce myself.
     My name is Jason Ford, I live in Canberra, Australia and have been
     growing CPs for almost 14 years.

     My first introduction to CPs was when my Mum bought a VFT when I
     was about 13. CPs were scarce in Canberra back then and as far as I
     knew VFTs were THE only type of CPs. It wasn't until a holiday to
     Lismore, NSW, a few years later that I realised what I was missing.
     Almost all my hard earned money (from working part-time in a donut
     shop) was used to buy the widest variety of plants I could afford
     while I was on holidays. Most of them died shortly after, but this
     was the start of considerable time spent learning about CPs and how
     to grow them. My collection now includes a much wider selection of
     CPs.

     Canberra's climate is fairly harsh, with hot, dry summers and cold,
     wet winters. All my plants are grown outside in pots all year
     (except Nepenthes which are brought inside for the winter).
     Cephalotus and Drosera Binata, Capensis and Filiformis grow like
     weeds. Sarracenias grow reasonably, but don't thrive. I'm hoping to
     expand my collection shortly with Darlingtonia, Heliamphora and some
     others.

     I joined this group to read the invaluable discussion and maybe
     sometimes I will be able to provide some input.

     Jason