Re: Bacterial infection?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 07 1997 - 13:53:00 PST

Date:    Fri, 07 Mar 97 16:53 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Bacterial infection?

> Over the weekend I repotted all the plants but have been afraid
> to place them back into any standing water. I water each plant every night
> but this is getting tedious. Any suggestions as to how to keep the standing
> water clean?

Hi John,

   It sounds like your water and soil became stagant. :( To
stop this from happening, you must change the water now and then.
Flush out the old water in the tray about once a week or more.
Perhaps a siphon would do the job? Or you could let the tray
dry out for one day before watering again (what I do).
   BTW, this time of year most plants are going through winter, and
should be watered slightly less if indoors and some should not sit
in water at all during winter. This can also help prevent rot.

Dave E

P.S. It was wise to re-plant.