RE: Bacterial infection?

From: Mellard, David (dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV)
Date: Fri Mar 07 1997 - 12:59:00 PST

Date: Fri, 07 Mar 97 15:59:00 EST
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Bacterial infection?

 ----------
> From: John Walker

> Upon closer inspection I found that there was a very thin, clear "film"
covering the
>surface of the water. Over the weekend I repotted all the plants but have
been afraid
>to place them back into any standing water. I water each plant every night
>but this is getting tedious. Any suggestions as to how to keep the standing
>water clean?

Hi John,

I had the same problem when I potted some cps using a load of sand in my
yard, sand that had been used by cats for their business. I got rid of the
problem by separting the newly potted cps from older potted cps, and
frequent changes in the water that the new pots were sitting in. I now use
bagged sand.

You can santize your aquarium by spraying it with rubbing alcohol, which is
70% isopropyl alcohol. Repotting and santizing your aquarium should do the
trick, provided your mix isn't overfertized by some unknown source.

David