Re: Ant Plant

From: Hans Martin Hanslin (hansmh@sn.no)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 17:16:49 PST

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:16:49 +-100
From: Hans Martin Hanslin <hansmh@sn.no>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ant Plant

>I was thinking of sowing them. Does anyone know how to sow these =
>seeds(time of year, wet / dry, soil composition) and how to =
multiplicate the
>plant by taking cuttings (I noticed a lot of aeral roots) ?=20

Just sow the seeds on moist peat (not wet). They germinate readily, at =
least when fresh. I have not tried to sow old seeds. I remove the =
"parachute" before sowing, but I do not know if this is important. You =
could also sow them on pieces of bark, but this requires frequent =
watering. In this case you should not remove the parachute. If you do =
not succeed from seeds, they are very easy to establish from cuttings. =
If you let some of the branches establish in a new pot before you cut =
them, there should be no problem.

HM Hanslin, Trondheim, Norway