tuberous Drosera

From: NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 15:03:38 PST

Date:          Mon, 3 Mar 1997 18:03:38 -0500
From: NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       tuberous Drosera

Howdy all,

I was, quite mysteriously, spontaneously unsubscribed from the CP list last
summer, and I've finally resubscribed. Under the influence of just two
CP-list digests, I'm already feeling the urge to grow more CP. *grin*

I recently obtained an Australian terrestrial orchid, Caladenia menziesii.
While browsing through a book on aussie orchids, I came across a photograph
of wild Caladenias growing among some pretty little Drosera. Since C.
menziesii is a deciduous, tuber-forming species that is dormant in the hot
dry summer, I assume that the Drosera in the same habitat are also
tuber-forming species. Can anyone suggest species that would be "authentic"
to grow alongside my Caladenia (or in the same pot). Ideally, I'd like
species that grow with C. menziesii in nature.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@umich.edu