RE: Feeding Sarrs

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 14:05:32 PST

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:05:32 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Feeding Sarrs

> Hi I've heard that you can "feed" Sarracenias by
> pouring ordinary flower nutrition into the pitchers.
> Is this true, and if so, which "dose" of fertilizer
> should I use compared to "ordinary" flowers and
> which part of the year could this be applied? Could
> Nephentes be fed the same way? Are there any
> positive effects, in terms of growth, by doing so? /
> Mats

I have no personal experience with this, but "pouring" sounds way too
generous. Try "lightly sprinkling". This topic has come up before with
some list members saying that they put a pinch or two of fish food in
Nepenthes pitchers and got good results. You might want to check the
1996 or 1995 CP archives and search on "fish".

http://randomaccess.unm.edu/www/cp/cparchive.html

Phil
(pjs20347@GlaxoWellcome.com or MrBones@Mindspring.com)
Save the Earth -- shoot yourself