Neps & fungicide & rooting hormone

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 13:41:11 PST

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:41:11 -0500 (EST)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Neps & fungicide & rooting hormone

Dave Evans wrote:

> I have never used fungicide on Nepenthes, but it may be useful
> for seedlings. Other than that, if you are having trouble with
> fungus, I suggest changing the conditions and replanting in new
> soil.

I have used fungicide on Nepenthes: Subdue and Zyban (sp?).
They work just fine, with apparently no ill effects noticed.

> Also, I never use rooting hormones either, since I have
> noticed that Nepenthes do not like them and root better without.

I have used rooting hormone on Nepenthes with great success, never
noticing that Nepenthes do not like rooting hormone.

I have also tried rooting Nepenthes without the hormone, and have
found that the hybrids usually root okay whereas many of the
species don't root as well as when they're treated with hormone.

Regards,

Perry Malouf