Re: BENOMYL

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 13:04:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 10 Feb 97 16:04 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: BENOMYL

> Could someone give me a suggested starting mixture and schedule both for
> curative/preventive application for mainly Nepenthes, but others where
> experience permits.

Hi Steve,

    I have never used fungicide on Nepenthes, but it may be useful
for seedlings. Other than that, if you are having trouble with
fungus, I suggest changing the conditions and replanting in new
soil. Also, I never use rooting hormones either, since I have
noticed that Nepenthes do not like them and root better without.
The way a cutting is made is more important for this genus than
using hormones. Cut just under a node and expose some of the
cambium by making a tiny split at the base and wedge a bit of
plastic in to hold it open (there are numberous ways to expose
the cambium, BTW). Place the cutting in water and under light.
The more hours of light, the faster it roots.

Dave E