Water

From: Christopher Walkden (Christow@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 1997 - 01:04:54 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 09:04:54 UT
From: "Christopher Walkden" <Christow@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Water

Hello, I have a few questions about water.
It seems that most advice about growing CPs includes a section that says you
need special water, so that you avoid the build up of "salts". Apparently our
water doesn't have these salts, since I have never had any problems. Our
water comes from a lake up in the mountains, and is supposed to be very
corrosive - you never fill your radiator with this water. Anyway, since I may
be moving into a city soon, I was wondering what these salts are, and how do
you tell if your water has any? Also, what symptoms do plants show when they
suffer from such salts?

Thanks

Christopher Walkden
Tasmania, Australia.