Re: Fungicides,

From: Chris Teichreb (teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA)
Date: Sat Jan 25 1997 - 06:44:32 PST

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 08:44:32 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fungicides,

Hi Jeff,

> I have a slight fungal problem and was wondering if anyone could suggest
> a fungicide and concentration to use. I work in a Plant Pathology lab
> and have access to more fungicides than I know what to do with but don't
> want to experiment on my plants when others have been successful
> already. Anything would be appretiated. Here's a short list of what I
> have available:
>
> Benomyl
> PCNB
> Bravo (and other chlorothalonil products)
> Tattoo
> various heavy metal compounds
> and a whole bunch of other not-so-common chemicals.
>
> Jeff Stein
> 35 Plant Biology Building
> MSU Late Blight of Potatoes Lab
> East Lansing, MI. 48824 USA
> (517)355-4754

        The one on your list used most frequently by CPers
is Benomyl. It may be that the others would work just as well,
but may not be available to the general public. Benomyl
can be used at regular strength as it doesn't appear to have
any adverse effects. You should already know that all of
these are fairly toxic to the human body, so just use
proper precautions when applying to your plants or storing.

Regards,

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biology
University of Regina