Re: cold and darlingtonia

From: Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 16 1997 - 11:01:09 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 20:01:09 +0100
From: Clarke Brunt <clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: cold and darlingtonia

On 14 Jan 97 at 18:19, Zachary Kaufman wrote:

> If the media froze, have I lost the plant?
> wishing I'ld brought the cobra lily indoors last night,

As others have said, the plant should be fine. Darlingtonia is tough
- probably considerably more so than most Sarracenia. I left mine
outside (but undercover) in the UK last year and they froze several
times. This year I'm Wintering them in the greenhouse, but not
because of any fear of losing them - I just wanted growth to start a
bit sooner in the Spring.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)