Re: Re: Grafting Nepenthes...

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Mon, 16 Dec 96 16:16 EST

> From: Gary <garko@SFSU.EDU>
>
> I think the benefit of grafting would be that you could then have male AND
> female flowers on the same plant. Just like avacados. No?

Hello Gary,

That would be a good use. However, some Nepenthes only grow
their "short shoots" vines up some a then abort them in favor
new, stronger, basal rosettes or short shoots which may become
"long shoots". ;) Anyway, I suppose on a very well established
plant, this may be useful. I don't think anyone has yet been
able to get as far as having the two types of flowers on one
plant, mainly for the reason I mentioned above or other problems...

Dave Evans