Re: little critters

Steve Clancy (sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings.

This discussion of "little critters" interests me, since I have been
trying to identify a strange little critter for some time. I find masses
of them, dead, a few times a year scattered all over the sidewalks here in
Irvine, Calfornia. They are about 1/16" - 1/8" long and look like giant
fleas, except that they are lobster red and this makes them look like
shrimp, or a similar crustacean..

Any ideas?

--steve

Steve Clancy, M.L.S., Science Library, University of California, Irvine
P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
714-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy@uci.edu