Re: Request for assistance

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 03 Oct 96 20:09 EDT

> From: "Austin M. Cooper" <champrof@FIA.NET>
>
> Now, this is where I admit I know little to nothing about
germinating these seeds: > how many do I put together into each
of the molded sections; any > recommendations as to how to
hangle a seed(s) much smaller than the head of > a pin; do I
cover the seed(s) up with more peat moss after placing it into
the peat.

No. Most CP seed needs light in order to germinate. They will
like to have higher than normal humidity, around 80% will be
very good, too much like 90-100% can lead to fungus.

> Drosera
Most of those you listed should grow with a couple of weeks.

> Saracenia flava
> Sarracenia minor
These may take a little longer and will be helped along by a cold
period of a couple weeks at least.

Dave Evans