Re: New Scientist Roridula article

Phil (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 20:37:13 GMT

In your message dated Friday 6, September 1996 you wrote :
> If anyone wants an Ecopy of this, I've typed it up. Drop me a line
and
> I'll Email you one. I won't post it to the list for copyright reasons
etc. :)

> Happy growing,
>
> Peter

Are there any juicy pics - if there are I'll get a copy myself. Otherwise
can you send me your typed copy?

I assume the reason you wanted WIN 95 was to run Netscape V3.0. I see Demon
are now offering a free downloaded version of Microsoft Explorer V3.0 which
loke Netscape 3 is a 32 bit version (am I right there?). Of course I only
read this after I was about half way through downloading the thing and
needless to say it did not work for me. I thought that at least I would be
the files so I could run them when I get Win 95 (which is looking like it
will be sooner rather than later). Apart from the fact that some web pages
will only download on Netscape or Explorer V3 what other advantagaes are
there? Is it any faster or are there just loads of extra buttins that I
won't know how to use?

Well I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and load up (apart from the
75.00 I don't have to buy the software). I've already backed up all my
essential files on my disk - I only have a disk backup so last night I was
chugging away loading 44 or so floppys.............:'-(

--
Phil Wilson
(cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)