Re: Growing info for droseras

John Walker (jorwa@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:18:43 -0700

You wrote:

>HI,
>I need growing info such as sun exposure, rest requirements,
temperatures
>for the follwoing plants:
> Drosera regia
> Drosera hamiltonii
> Drosera coccicaulis
> Drosera adelae
> Drosera whittackerii
> Drosera prolifera
>thanks in advance
>ciao ciao
I grow my D. adalea indoors in a terrarium under lights. My guess is
that it likes partial sun, high humidity, and needs no rest. In my set
up I have temps ranging from 65F low in the Winter to 90F+ in the
Summer and they are thriving.

A related question; what do most of you all do when you have more
plants than you have room for? My D. adelae has now overgrown two pots
and I have no more room. As this is a common Drosera no one seems to
want to trade for them and I'm not really looking for the hassle
involved in breaking them up and shipping them out. I am not looking to
make money. Besides, I don't have proper packaging materials, boxes,
etc., and I don't know of anyone in my local area who partakes in this
type of hobby that I could give the plants to. I have a dozen or more
that range from several full size adults to smaller planlets. Is there
anyone in the Pheonix area on the list that would like some free
samples. I can't stand the thought of just tossing them out :(

John Walker