Re: Re: No one uses superthrive

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 17 Jul 96 17:12 EDT

> From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@ACCESS.DIGEX.NET>
>
> All other reports of SuperThrive results for Nepenthes that
> I've read from the listserver did not occur under such a
> rigorous testing scheme. Therefore the results could have
> been due to other factors.

Hi,
I have noticed something about CP, most of them take a year
or two to get established. People think that when their plants
start growing very well it's a result of the "Thrive" but perhaps
the plants have merely become established to their contions?
I do think that ST could be a very good way to get plants
established faster though, considering it does promote root growth.
Roots are on the losing end when it comes transplanting...
I imagine it could have similar effect to Tissue Culture and cause
them to grow more robust. Plants on steroids!

Dave Evans