Re: Pitcher Plants of Borneo book

Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:47:11 -0400 (EDT)

Geoff Wong wrote:

> the book "Pitcher Plants of Borneo"...supposedly could be ordered
> for RM95... When I wrote to order a copy...they sent me a bill for
> RM150... Has anyone else...had the same experience?

Yeah, I have. Postage to send the book by air mail to the U. S.
costs two-thirds as much as the book itself. (Are you in
the continental U. S. Geoff? I forgot.)

On a related note, I ordered an additional copy for a friend of
mine in Kinabalu Park. My friend was to pick the book up at the
publisher's the next time he was in Kota Kinabalu, yet I was still
charged some sort of "handling fee". Kind of ridiculous, but
it wasn't enough to raise a stink about.

Perry Malouf