Re: Capsella

Juerg Steiger (steiger@iae.unibe.ch)
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:38:14 +0100

Klaus Neuhaus writes:

>I want to know something about Capsella bursa-pastoris. What did you mean
>with "supposedly carnivorous"? The seedlings are carnivorous? Sound's very
>interesting. Are any literature available?

See e.g. the paper by John T. Barber in Carniv. Plant Newsletter Vol.
7(2):39-42 (June 1978). There you'll find several additional
references. In the named paper there is a nice picture showing Culex
pipiens larvae attached to a Capsella seed.

Kind regards Juerg

Juerg Steiger, Institut fuer Aus-, Weiter- und Fortbildung IAWF
University of Bern, Inselspital 37a, CH-3010 Bern, Switzerland
Office: ++41 31 632 98 87, Fax: ++41 31 632 98 71