Re: Re: N.*murudensis auct., nom.nud. (s.typo, s.descr., ined.)

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 30 May 96 21:03 EDT

> From: Jan@PBC-THS1.PCI.CHEMIE.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE(Jan Schlauer)
>
> We call that hybrid vigour (which is, admittedly not frequent in
> _Nepenthes_ but still not impossible, cf. N.*hookeriana).

Every single hybrid of Nepenthes, and those of every other CP
genera (sp?) I have experience with, grow larger and faster than
the parent species. Granted, I don't grow *all* the parent
species of the hybrids I grow but for those I do this holds very
true. Others I have spoken with report the same. I would think
that *not* showing hybrid vigor would be the exception.

Dave Evans

P.S. Could a single clone really do that much cloning of it's
self in a natural setting? Perhaps Darlingtonia could...