Re: Re: slow VFT traps

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 24 May 96 18:37 EDT

> From: marsden@DIGICON-EGR.CO.UK(Richard Marsden)
> >

> They're not dry. I use the tray method - ie. always standing in some
> water. Except for when I forget, but they've been standing in water
> for the past week and its wet on top. Cold? Possibily. We had a
> house inspection last week, and the owners of the house complained and
> fiddled the house temp controls (from warm to fairly normal!). They
> say that this May will be the coldest on record, but they are indoors.

Well, they may not be getting strong enough light. VFT likes full
sun all day long + high humidity. You can increase the humidity
by using a deeper pot and sinking the soil level down 4 or 5 inches.
Plus they really like to be warm usually the sun will take care
of that for you but indoors...

Dave Evans