Re: Superthrive Connection

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 30 Apr 96 15:54 EDT

> From: Gordon Wells <wells@IC.UPC.ES> (Tel "(343)-401-6659")@UNKNOWN.DOMAIN
>

> "So N.*wrigliana is in a"
> distant corner of my house, out of the view of mawkish
> onlookers. I've now arrived at the end of my rope. I must
> do something to return to this wretched plant the respect
> and honor it deserves. My desperation now induces me to part
> with reason and verify for myself the supposed powers of this
> wonder potion.

I'd send you some but I've never seen it for sale. Sometimes
N.wrig will stop growing upper pitcher for me. Perhaps this
is do to it's N.ampullaria ancestry? Anyway, I will cut off the
offending vine and let it grow from the ground. This new growth
always has pitchers! If you don't want to cut it, lay the vine
so the lower part of it is below the pot it's rooted in. This
will induce the dormant buds below the soil to grow as they will
stop getting auxin which represses them - same effect as cutting
off the vine though it tends to take longer, this is *much* safer
as the root stock can still get food from the top of the plant.

Dave Evans

P.S. The superthive would help this process go faster.