Re: Water Softeners

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 15:38:05 +0000

On 15 Mar 96 at 15:19, R5M@aol.com wrote:

> You want to see angry plants? My water ranges in pH from 8.5 to
> 8.9!!!! But boys, where are your buckets! You should have taken them
> out of your showers and put them out in the rain!

If you can collect enough rainwater for your CP, then you should be
growing more CP! I really haven't got many CP, but last year, my
55 gallon supply of rainwater ran out during a dry spell, and
UK gallons are bigger than US ones - probably the only thing
that is :-) My Sarracenia were outside at the time and in the hot
sun, they became very efficient machines for talking up gallons
of water and evaporating it into the air. In still air, the
evaporation can be a lot less, as the humidity can then build up
around the plant.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)