Re: Jan's a guy? - Where are the women??

Janice Ritter x5444 (ritter@floyd.HQ.ileaf.com)
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:45:13 -0500

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:21:25 -0800
Originator: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes <ferndriv@usp.br>

To all,

> My wife tolerates rather than shares my interest in CP's. You
> were, however briefly, a shining example of feminine virtuosity in
> this seemingly male dominated arena. Not to mention the benefactor
> of more than a few triple word scores ("It is so a word, Jan
> Schlauer used it today!")

This is something I discussed with lots of people in Europe.
Where are all the women? Why don't they like CPs as much as us men? I was
told it's pretty much the same in other plants societies, with only a
minority of women. Why do they seem to only *like* plants, but do not
cultivate them obsessively like men?

I don't know .... I'm a woman, and I tend to get obssessed with my
hobbies...cp's, bonsai, now orchids, and of course, advanced training
for my 2 German Shepherd Dogs!

--
 Janice Ritter		    ritter@ileaf.com        Boston, MA
    and