Re: Drosera hybrids

Jan Schlauer (Jan@pbc-ths1.pci.chemie.uni-tuebingen.de)
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 20:43:42 +0100

Dear Michael, Peter, Fernando, & al.,

Some time ago I wrote:

>An interesting caryological paper by KONDO (I am very sorry that I have
>>forgotten the place of publication; I will try to find out but it may take
>some >time!) (...)

The article I meant was:

KONDO,K. & SEGAWA, M. "A cytotaxonomic study in artificial hybrids between
_Drosera anglica_ Huds. and its certain closely related species in series
Drosera, section Drosera, subgenus Drosera, _Drosera_", La Kromosomo
II-51-52:1697-1709 (1988).

Another more recent paper also dealing with hybrids is:

HOSHI, Y., HIZUME,M. & KONDO,K. "Genomic _in situ_ hybridization to improve
a hypothesis on natural-hybrid origin of the hexaploid _Drosera spathulata_
´Kansai type´", La Kromosomo II-75-76:2619-2623 (1994).

Fernando, this method could yield valuable insight for some presumably
hybrid taxa from Brasil.

NB: 1. The "h" in _spatulata_ is of course a typo.
2. A very similar (or the same) hypothesis was proved in an earlier paper,
calling the taxon involved D.*tokaiensis (KOMIYA & SHIBATA) T.NAKAMURA &
UEDA, Acta Phytotax. Geobot. 42:136 (1991), which is not even mentioned in
the 1994 article. Maybe there is too little communication within Japan?

Kind regards
Jan