Re: re: terrestrial Utriclaria

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 03 Nov 95 21:57 EST

> From: CBREWER%6200%FCDSSA@HERCULES.NSWSES.NAVY.MIL
>
> I have an interesting question I would like to ask the ultricularia and
> sarracenia group. Recently I have heard (more then once) that if you have
> terrestrial utricularias growing with your sarracenias, that the sarracenias
> are supposed to look, do etc. better. I have heard this from a couple of
> people who swear by it. I do not know what relationship the utric. play with
> the sarracenias or if one ultricularia plant is better then the next to grow
> with the sarracenias. If anyone has had heard of this or has had similar
> results, I would like to hear comments.

I think this is similar to the thing about grow Sphagnum in with
your plants. Both should help to get oxygen into the soil. Because
both plants are often below the water line, I guess alot of the O2
they produce will go right into the water=soil and would be a great
benifit to the Sarracenia.

Dave Evans