Bug problems

Paul Seymour (paulseym@ozemail.com.au)
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 15:07:02 +1000 (EST)

>From: dave evans <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>

>How wet do you keep your plants? I wouldn't think grubs could
>stand it if the plants were being kept at their 'normal' water levels.

During spring / summer most of my plants stand in about 1" of water.
In a single night one of these critters did enough damage to the rhizome of
my Cobra Lilly to kill it. With sundews the first sign I get is usually
the new growth turning black. Checking around the base of the plant
usually turns up a grub. The VFT's seem to get tiny little mites in the soil,
and again the new growth turns black. After losing a few, I discovered
that repotting them into sphagnum solved the problem, the mites seem reluctant
to follow.

Also, I have a 3 year old D. Cistiflora, how long until it flowers?

Lastly, does anyone know of a Brisbane (Australia) based CP supplier.

Thanks,
Paul.