Re: Out-of-phase Australians, and Drosera

writserv@mi.net
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 16:45:14 -0300

>On 29 Sep 95 at 19:13, Nexus User elliott wrote:
>
>> Anyway, most of my CP have now brokem dormancy, with most of Sarras
>>producing
>> at least three flowers. My VFTS are still in dormancy, and haven't really
>> shown any signs of growth.
>
>It's strange hearing from these 'out-of-phase' people in Australia!

>This year, I have complete confidence :-) that the dead-looking
>D. cistiflora (which don't have tubers - just sort of thick roots)
>will still be alive, after they surprised me by coming up last year.
>I have also done something I have wanted to do for a while - I had a
>pot with two different species of tuberous sundew in it, labelled
>D. erythrorhiza - maybe one of them is this - anyway I could never
>distinguish between the dormant tubers, so I have put every single
>one in a different pot - 12 of them!
>
>--
>Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)

Hi Clarke:

I envy you. I have never had the nerve, in this Canadian climate, to try
tuberous Drosera. Apartment dweller. I am always afraid that the tubers
will rot. After reading your post, I think my reticence may be well placed.

Rand Nicholson

writserv@mi.net