RE: scale solution...

John Phillips (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Mon, 18 Sep 95 08:22:16 CST

In Message Fri, 15 Sep 1995 17:08:48 -0700,
charles <charles@amanda.dorsai.org> writes:

>all i can say is that whenever i get a plant, regular or otherwise that
>has a slight infestation, i bring it out to my garden, and let the ants
>take care of it.
>i do not know if they are the 'little elves in the shoemaker's shop' but
>i have yet to lose a plant after doing this...
I sure wish I had your ants. I have a variety of ants that bring aphids and
scale to my plants to milk the "sugar water" from them. I have sprayed
a bad investation only to see hordes of ants come "screaming" out from around
the crown of the plant.
John Phillips