Re: Re: Sarr. and scale. :-(

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 14 Sep 95 17:18 EDT

> From: "John Phillips" <phillips@LIBRARY.UCSF.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Sarr. and scale. :-(
>
> >Any surefire ways of getting rid of scale on Sarrs?

> I've always had good luck w/ Safers insecticidal soap. 2 or 3 applications
> have taken care of scale, mealy bugs and thrip infestations on my Sarrs. You
> can find it hardware and garden supply stores. I beleive some on this list
> may not agree, but it has always worked for me. Just don't use it on Drosera

Yeah, Using that on Drosera scares me without even applying it. :)
The Safer Insecticidal Soap is a good treatment for Sarr's just don't
let the spray get into the pitchers, just the outside and you shouldn't
have a problem with poisonning your plants. Also don't let it soak
into the soil much, a couple of drips won't do any harm, just don't
let the soil get alot in it. Safer's is probably your best bet for
an eco-friendly scale killer.

Dave Evans