Re: Brazilian plants for trade

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 03:35:17 GMT

Fernando Rivadavia Lopes <ferndriv@usp.br> writes:

> At the moment we are interested in acquiring Mexican Pinguicula,
> Venezuelan Drosera, orchid-flowered Utrics, African Drosera, rare SPECIES
> of Nepenthes, Heliamphora, seeds of FVT "red leaf" (or other varieties)

There is a slight problem here - these Dionaea forms (AFAIK,) do
*not* come true from seed, so you'll need a cutting or TCed plant
to preserve the characteristics. This is probably why they seem
to be so much rarer in cultivation than the typical VFT.

Happy hunting,

Peter
(always liked the sound of "fused-tooth" myself)