Re: Aldrovanda and Drosera Cistiflora questions

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 20:14:20 +0100

On 3 Aug 95 at 15:41, Zachary B. Kaufman wrote:

> I also have a Drosera Cistiflora. Does anybody know the "proper"
> way to take care of this plant? It has not grown during the month since I
> got it and is beginning to decline. Does it need a dormancy period
> in the summer? Should it be dry right now? Perhaps, just slightly damp.
> What about the rest of the year?

Long term CP list members will have heard about my D. cistiflora
before. First sown in April 1993, they took a few months to
germinate, grew though the Winter and eventually died off in Summer
94. When I repotted in Autumn 94, there didn't seem to be anything
living in the pot - just some 'dead' roots, yet I stuck it back in
another pot, watered it, and it grew! By then, some more seed sown in
94 was coming along too. They are all dry and dormant again now, so I
hope my luck continues and they come up again in the Autumn. As you
say, maybe they should be slightly damp while dormant - I don't really know.
While growing, I have them in the water tray with everything else.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)