Fwd from David Wong

Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Tue, 30 May 1995 21:17:19 -0400 (EDT)

The following is an excerpt from a message I received,
from David Wong. Some may recall that David is an architect
who used to work on the West Coast of North America, and who
moved to Singapore to do some work there. He writes:

> Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. It's really tiring flying
> back and forth and working my butt off over here. I've only managed to
> put in four field trips since I last wrote to you. I've been through
> Mersing, and Gunung Ladang (mt Ophir)...a lot of N,. sanguinea and N.
> albomarginata...the climb is really tiring,,,but the worst thing are the
> darn mosquitos!
>
> Anyways, I'm getting a few weeks rest late in June, and planning trips
> through Sarawak to look for N.bicalcarata.
>
> I'm in the process of starting up an affiliate chapter of the ICPS here
> in singapore, so far, I've only located 6 nepenthes lovers. We plan a
> "rescue" in july of approx. 2 to 300 small rafflesiana plants which are
> in a golf course (they get mowed over all the time). I'll write back to
> you soon as I am setting up my own internet account this week...hang in
> there.
>
> Could you do me a favour and post some of this chit chat over the CPnet,
> as my friend here does not want me to subscribe his account onto it. So
> thanks and I'll say 'hi' to Leo, Tom, Geoff W.,Kevin S.and all the rest.

There you have it. Can you believe, 200+ N. rafflesiana plants that
get mowed over all the time... for the taking?!!! Be still my heart.

Perry Malouf