Re: Help!

LCCSB St._Francis (b3fra002@freenet.niagara.com)
Fri, 26 May 1995 13:35:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 May 1995, Robert Beer wrote:

> I would suspect some kind of root/rhizome damage that is preventing the
> plant from getting water to the leaves. You did well in isolating the
> affected plants. Question: you had one plant of one species affected
> but not the others; and another species in which all your specimens were
> affected: were those propagated from one plant originally? If that is
> the case I would suspect a virus or some disease even more, and would get
> rid of the plants. As it is, since you have one S. alata that is
> affected and others that aren't, I suspect that there is some outside
> agent.
>
> Bob
>
>From all the mail I've been reading, it seems that the humidity and heat
isn't what is causing this problem after all! Obviously many of you are
growing plants in low humidity conditions with now problems.

I will continue, to keep these affected plants segragated these plants
and continue to try to regain their health every way I can. As you say,
its odd that only a few plants seem to be affected. Thanks for all the
advice. If they don't revive, the compost heap will have a good lunch!

Sincerely, Carl J. Mazur
b3fra002@freenet.niagara.com

"This week was next week last week"