Re: Adrian Slack Book

Ch'Ien Ch'Ien Lee (cclee@cats.ucsc.edu)
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 12:15:26 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 12 Nov 1994, Clinton Morse - EEB Greenhouse Manager wrote:

> Ch'ien Lee & others, I do not know the book you are referring to but one of
> our references is Carnivorous Plants by Adrian Slack, 1979, MIT Press. It
> is fairly sizable with many photos. This one may be more readily available
> to you.

Thanks Clinton, we have this book in our greenhouse as well and it is a
great text to have. Adrian Slack, alas, seems to be one of the few
knowledgable CP authors who also writes with a great deal of grace. He
wrote a second book a few years later titled Insectivorous Plants and
How to Grow Them. I have only seen one copy of it but it appears to give
very detailed cultivation information about more species than his
first book. Does anyone know the date or publisher of this book?

Ch'ien