Re: introduction

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 15 Oct 1994 17:34:15 GMT

In message <9410151027.AA02130@hplms26.hpl.hp.com> cp@hpl.hp.co.uk writes:
> I'm interested in growing conditions for
> DarlinGtonia and also how and where to get more of these
> cobra-lilies

Darlingtonia don't seem to have many problems here in the UK. Just
the usual sort of CP soil, and keep stood in the rainwater. They
can be left outside, or kept in the greenhouse. Given that there
is only one species (I have never heard anyone talking about
variation in the plant), you might as well divide the ones you
have if they are growing well. I have seedlings from seed from
my own plant, but they are rather slow to start with. I have
never got seed from commercial sources to germinate.

--
Clarke Brunt