N. "Ile de France" (again)

MALOUF@ESTD.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Fri, 26 Aug 1994 6:59:35 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Ron, for posting a description of N. "Ile de France".
I haven't been able to find photographs of it anywhere, and
I haven't been able to look up the reference that Jan mentioned.

You wrote:

>Our plant has 8-10" pitchers that look like a reddish N. truncata
>pitcher with a really striking red stiped oval peristome. Quite
>nice in my opinion!

I don't know what an N. truncata pitcher looks like. Is it long
and cylindrical, or funnel shaped, or short and squat (etc.)?
In your opinion, is N. "Ile de France" fairly easy to grow? Is
it among the faster growing Nepenthes? What conditions do you
keep it in, lowland or highland?

Thanks in advance!

Perry