Re: Cuba

Jan Schlauer (zxmsl01@studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de)
Sat, 20 Nov 1993 14:46:49 +0100

Mark, you wrote:
>Does anyone know which species one might encounter in Cuba?

You can find or expect the following cp species in Cuba:

_Drosera_brevifolia_
_D.capillaris_
_D.interedia_

_Pinguicula_albida_ (ENDEMIC!)
_P.benedicta_ (ENDEMIC!)
_P.filifolia_ (ENDEMIC!)
_P.jackii_ (ENDEMIC!)
_P.lignicola_ (?=_P.casabitoana_, ENDEMIC to E Cuba, and - if
_P.casabitoana_ is considered conspecific - the
Dominican Republic)

_Genlisea_filiformis_

_Utricularia_breviscapa_ (ENDEMIC!)
_U.cornuta_
_U.foliosa_
_U.gibba_
_U.hydrocarpa_
_U.incisa_ (ENDEMIC!)
_U.juncea_
_U.longeciliata_
_U.olivacea_
_U.purpurea_
_U.pusilla_
_U.simulans_

>Are there any that are particular to Cuba?

All species endemic to Cuba may be called particular to that island. Note
that *all* species of _Pinguicula_ you can find in Cuba are endemic!

Phil, you answered:
>I will try to contact a friend at the Univ. of Havana tonight and see if I can
>>get info specifically on the cps of Cuba.

Is there any chance to get plants or seeds from Havana? As you might see in
the list above, there are some species of interest growing in Cuba.
Kind regards
Jan