Re: Book Project

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@tko.vtt.fi)
Fri, 8 Oct 1993 08:43:05 +0200

On Thu, 7 Oct 1993, James Powell wrote:

> I have pretty limited space, so I doubt I could be the US site. I'd
> be willing to scan photos, markup contributed text, etc. I just put a
> small example of what I had in mind up at my site. If you have a WWW
> client, point it at http://borg.lib.vt.edu/cp/cp.html and take a look.
> While theres nothing I can do for people that don't have something
> like X or MacMosaic at there site today, we could tar and compress the
> web documents and make them available for anonymous FTP, allowing them
> to install the files locally. This might evolve into a CDROM product
> if it grew larger and there was sufficient interest. What do you have
> in mind - is it similar to what I have up?

Space limitations are obvious also here. I browsed your http: location;
that's just what I was thinking about.

Michael: I think we could first establish the FAQ, as you mentioned, -and
after that is in some condition then put it to hypertext; the problem is here
that hypertext structure is not linear, it must be hierarchical or somekind
of a net. In this case we have natural hierarchy in the cp genuses.

Pekka