Scented Pinguicula

From: Juerg Steiger (juerg.steiger@iae.unibe.ch)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 08:17:06 PST

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:17:06 +0200
From: Juerg Steiger <juerg.steiger@iae.unibe.ch>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Scented Pinguicula

Dear All

Ed Read (hi Ed!) wrote:

>To maybe start a new thread of discussion, I'd like to talk about ping
>flower scent.
>I was amazed the first time I was shown the citrus-like scent of
>esseriana_. Leo has grown a Mexican ping for years that he calls agnata
>CSUF, it has a musty/sweet fragrance. Ivan recently told me that in
>coorespondence with Juerg the he says _P. longifolia_ (I hope that I
>remembered this correctly) has scented flowers.

Not P. longifolia but P. vallisneriifolia has - for my nose - slightly
scented flowers.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all. Juerg

Juerg F. Steiger M.D.
Institute for Medical Education IAWF
Director of the 'Master of Medical Education' Program
University of Bern, Faculty of Medicine
Inselspital 37a
CH-3010 Bern, Switzerland
Phone: +41 (0)31 632 9887