Re: Drosera glanduligera tips?

From: Miguel de Salas (mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 19:12:28 PST

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:12:28 +1100
From: Miguel de Salas <mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera glanduligera tips?

Matt, and others,

D. glanduligera germination is stimulated by cool temperatures. Thus here
in Tasmania it sets seed in spring, but the seed does not germinate until
the autumn. In contrast, D. burmannii, which has a range overlapping
glanduligera, germinates and grows in response to wet conditions, (I
think), not temperature, and therefore is easy to grow year round.

I think just keep it cool, but not cold, and probably water keeping damp
but not wet. I am going by what its habitat looks like here, but it's quite
possible they may like it very wet too, as here in Tasmania they grow with
Utricularia tenella.

Cheers!

Miguel de Salas
mailto:mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au