U. subulata

From: john green (thegreens13@juno.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 08:52:30 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:52:30 -0500 (EST)
From: john green <thegreens13@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U. subulata

The other night I was looking through "CP of Conecuh Nat'l Forest" (a great
little booklet from the US Forest Service) and I came across U. subulata.
I've never had much luck with bladderworts but this one looks like it might
do well outside in my bog. Peter's book calls it a pleasant little weed and
says it's easy to grow from prolific seed, and highly recommends it for bog
gardens. What experience do others have with it? I don't want something
that's going to become invasive in my bog, but as long as it won't harm the
Sarrs and Sundews, I'd like to give it a try. I also appreciate that it's
very small (flowers are only 4 inches tall), which is good since my bog
isn't very big. Does anyone have seed they would be willing to send me (I'd
send a SASE) or sell very cheap?

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah