TO: "Steve Klitzing" RE: How to prevent CP destruction in the U.S. wilds

From: Michael Pagoulatos (michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 08:07:24 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:07:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Pagoulatos <michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: TO: "Steve Klitzing" RE: How to prevent CP destruction in the U.S. wilds

Steve,
You wrote "...If you want to prevent the destruction of CP bogs in the wild,
get the President (whoever that is) to declare each bog as a National Monument.
He can do so without anyone's approval, and the effect is permanent.".

That is a REALLY bad idea. That is Federal land-grabbing. You seem to think
that the FedGov circumventing Congress (and thereby representation of the
people) is a good thing. That is un-American and it subverts States' rights.
I understand your desire to protect CP habitat, which I share, but the right
way to go about it is to BUY the land, not to get the FedGov to STEAL it from
the States or from individuals.

The FedGov's long history of stealing people's private property and usurping
Constitutionally recognized rights is the reason at least half of Americans
want nothing to do with it.

Take care,
Michael Pagoulatos

http://calendar.yahoo.com/