Re: Three questions

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 19:20:17 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:20:17 -0500
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Three questions

Dear James,

    That sound like normal S. minor. Sarracenia plants continue to grow
larger, even after they have reached maturity! This species matures at a
very small size, hence the name 'minor', and flowers this small are normal.
You can expect these plants (if they don't suffer hardship) to have larger
flowers next year. Also, if they are flowering now, the flowers are
probably going to be smaller as this is not the right season for flowers.

Dave Evans