Re:nepenthes care

From: Leon Phaby (phungi@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 08:26:52 PST

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:26:52 +0000
From: "Leon Phaby" <phungi@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:nepenthes care

I have yet to try the tank method, but I have had success growing in
windowsills. My plants have come from local stores, so they were already
hardened off. The windows do not have any direct light, so I hung a few
shop lights. I have 2 shelves in the window with a n.spathulata x veitchi,
a mystery nep. that I think is a n.ventrata, n.khasiana x ventricosa,
n.khasiana and another mystery nep that I have no clue about, but it is
cute. The khas x vent. I have had for aprox. 2 years, it is getting large
and has babies already. All the rest are doing very well except for the
spat. x viet. It grows in spurts, the last pitcher was relatively huge but
it aint that happy. I have them on humidity trays filled with hydrocorn. I
also mist them morning and night. They are living with an ecstatic
cephalotus, various sundews and orchids. The room is rather small so this
probably helps with the humidity.

I have a set up in process in a closet as well, with shop lites. It is a
bit warmer in there. I have a n.truncata & another n.spat. x viet. It is
too early to really tell, but both of them are growing, and begining to
pitcher. These also sit on a humidity tray & get misted.

If Satan happens to read this list, I just might sell my soul for a
greenhouse, among other things.

Leon